Monday, August 17, 2009

I've fallen and I can't get up.

Have you ever been so down that you think you just can't crawl back up? Does giving up seem like the best and easiest option? It's been one of those days for me, trying to stay motivated and focused and at ever turn today there has been frustration and failure. I've been here before the familiar feeling of being worn out, it comes with the title and territory of single parent, boss,friend, sister, daughter, but also just being human.

I read this statement from a minister on ministry in the work place and it said....God will often show you a glimpse of your influence at the point where you feel like giving up!”

Today I feel like giving up, but God has brought me here to write about it. It is when I am at my lowest that, I am really listening to what He is telling me. I haven't always been ready to listen, but I am now through Gods grace. I know where my strength comes from.

Jeremiah 29:10-14

"The truth is that you will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you," says the Lord. "I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land."


I have to trust in the Lord and his plans for me, these disasters will be short lived.


Lord Jesus I believe , I believe that You went to the cross for me, that today You are reminding me where my strength comes from. Thank You for the way You work in my life, and for picking me up carrying me when I can't get up. Amen


Followers

About Me

United States
I am 1st a Christian woman,passionate about Gods love and sacrifice for me, who has been lucky enough to be blessed with a terrific son, and wonderful family and friends. God laid on my heart some time ago, the need for single parent ministry in our community. There are so many for whatever reason are single parents now, it is a large and growing population in our country. James 1:27 says that we are to visit orphans and widows in their distress. The new orphans and widows in our world today. They are those children without fathers in the home, or mothers in the home, the blended families, the children being raised by grandparents. Please pray for my ministry as I continue to listen for where God leads me.