Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our God Reigns Here

I sit here this morning, thinking of a million things I need to be doing. Last day of vacation time, working vacation, painting, cleaning ugggggggggggghh. But it has given me time to worship. I have blasted Mercy Me, Ray Boltz and now John Waller. Last night we were sitting watching the 1st game of the world series. I picked up my Homelife magazine to read and for that moment thought the whole magazine had been written to address my life and questions. One article written by John Waller told of doing a concert in a public school and how in the front row where teens that mocked HIM and began shoot spitballs. John realized they were in hostile territory, he phoned his wife later to tell her how he didn't' want to be there and she prayed with him. For a moment he felt the oppression of those dark spirits, he like myself had suffered for years with a battle of depression. But John realized that God had a purpose for him and he was where God wanted him to be. It was there on that trip that he wrote the words to this powerful song. "Our God Reigns Here." (lyrics found at http://www.songlyrics.com/john-waller/our-god-reigns-here-lyrics/)

Recently I have been in conversations with Christians friends that have just returned from a mission trip, where witch doctors are very real and there is a very strong following. I praise Him that before they left God Reigns there. But there is much prayer and work that needs to continue. Those professing to follow Satan and to have powers from him are not just in the mission field they are here in your communities, in your cities, states. There are many who practice witchcraft. Sounds unreal doesn't it, but it's not.

I have in my Walk of Faith and sometimes lack of faith felt the overwhelming oppression almost terrifying realty of the devil at work. It is frighting and I ask that you pray and continue to pray as people search for answers to the unhappiness in their lives, for money for riches, power. Young people who are struggling to find their way in this world. Satan will give you it all, but there is a price to pay for your success. A eternity in Hell. I am thankful that I have the Lord Jesus as my guide, am I am right where He wants me to be and I can say "I command you to leave in Jesus name." Our God Reigns Here

Followers

About Me

United States
I am 1st a Christian woman,passionate about Gods love and sacrifice for me, who has been lucky enough to be blessed with a terrific son, and wonderful family and friends. God laid on my heart some time ago, the need for single parent ministry in our community. There are so many for whatever reason are single parents now, it is a large and growing population in our country. James 1:27 says that we are to visit orphans and widows in their distress. The new orphans and widows in our world today. They are those children without fathers in the home, or mothers in the home, the blended families, the children being raised by grandparents. Please pray for my ministry as I continue to listen for where God leads me.