Thursday, July 23, 2009

Facing the Overwhlming/thanks Roger

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjAFakRHD3g[/youtube]

I've been thinking alot about last Sundays message. Facing the Overwhelming.

The message really hit home with me as I had just been talking about worry. Rogers outline says that there are 3 approaches
1 We feel hopeless

2. We turn to the world for help

3 We turn it over to Jesus.

Just so you know, I have felt all those emotions, hopeless, turning to the world and being of the world. But how much lighter the "overwhelming" becomes when I turned it over to Jesus.


He read from John:6:1-14 if you haven't read that you should, talk about overwhelming?

His messages references came from another favorite book in the bible Pslams

Psalm 60:11 (New International Version)

11 Give us aid against the enemy,
for the help of man is worthless.

and

Psalm 121:2 (New International Version)

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.



Are you facing Overwhelming situations in your life? I have and sometimes I still do when I forget where my help comes from.


Be praying for me as I continue to pray for you.


Because He loves me,
Deb

Followers

About Me

United States
I am 1st a Christian woman,passionate about Gods love and sacrifice for me, who has been lucky enough to be blessed with a terrific son, and wonderful family and friends. God laid on my heart some time ago, the need for single parent ministry in our community. There are so many for whatever reason are single parents now, it is a large and growing population in our country. James 1:27 says that we are to visit orphans and widows in their distress. The new orphans and widows in our world today. They are those children without fathers in the home, or mothers in the home, the blended families, the children being raised by grandparents. Please pray for my ministry as I continue to listen for where God leads me.