Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm giving you back to God

Sometimes ...well all the time I worry about things that are out of my control. I am doing better but realize that when I do this I am not letting God have complete control of my life. When my son turned 18 graduated high school he began to test his freedoms. In a moment of "mom insanity"the dictionary defines this according to the law
    1. In most criminal jurisdictions, a degree of mental malfunctioning sufficient to relieve the accused of legal responsibility for the act committed.
    1. Extreme foolishness; folly.
    2. Something that is extremely foolish

I yelled at him and said that's it I can't take this, I don't understand you, I don't know you. I am giving you back to GOD!!!!!! Everyone one of us has has probably thought or said this. Guess what, at that moment I realized my son is not mine to give back, he has and always will be Gods. He is a gift that I was given from God. His life is already mapped out, as noted in the Purpose Driven Life..."you were in Gods care even before you were born." God knows my son, your children's plans and futures already. It is my job to show him Gods way. I don't know that I have always done a good job of this, but I am learning. I am learning from my son, when I worry about him, and he reminds me of that day that I yelled "I am giving you back to God". He said remember Mom you gave me back quit worrying. He is a funny young man, and I am blessed to have him. Today as so many days, I lay him at the altar and ask God to give him wisdom and keep him safe.

Followers

About Me

United States
I am 1st a Christian woman,passionate about Gods love and sacrifice for me, who has been lucky enough to be blessed with a terrific son, and wonderful family and friends. God laid on my heart some time ago, the need for single parent ministry in our community. There are so many for whatever reason are single parents now, it is a large and growing population in our country. James 1:27 says that we are to visit orphans and widows in their distress. The new orphans and widows in our world today. They are those children without fathers in the home, or mothers in the home, the blended families, the children being raised by grandparents. Please pray for my ministry as I continue to listen for where God leads me.